A person who weighs 180 pounds can expect to burn an average of 411 calories per hour by Woodchopping. Our body weight, the kind of exercise we do, and how hard we do it are all factors that influence the number of calories we burn.
Make use of the calorie calculator that we have provided below to discover how many calories you will burn participating in activities such as Woodchopping, or other activities.
Calories burned with Outdoor Activities (weight: 180 lbs)
|MET||15 mins.||30 mins.||45 mins.||60 mins.|
|Cycling in the city||4.8||103||206||309||411|
|Hiking Cross country||4.8||103||206||309||411|
|Riding an ebike||2.8||60||120||180||240|
How to calculate how many calories we have burned with Woodchopping?
For the purpose of this calculation, the MET value (Metabolic Equivalent of Task) of the Woodchopping was utilized. The value of the MET for the Woodchopping is 4.8. When calculating a person’s MET value, we multiply this number by their body weight in kilograms. After that, we multiply this value by 0.017 and the number of minutes that have passed.
- Your body weighs: 180 lbs
- Durition: 60 minutes
- MET value of Woodchopping: 4.8
The following is how many calories you can expect to burn by Woodchopping for 30-minutes:
(180 / 2.20462) * 4.8 * 0.0175 * 60 minutes = 411
A MET (metabolic equivalent of task) is a measurement of the amount of energy that is expended as a result of engaging in physical activity for a set amount of time. On the chart that is located above, you will discover an activity’s MET.
A task that has a MET of 1 is about similar to the amount of energy consumed when doing nothing more strenuous than sitting at room temperature and not actively digesting any meals.
A task that has a MET of 2 demands a quantity of energy that is two times greater than that required by an activity that has a MET of 1. A job with a MET rating of 10 needs 10 times the amount of energy as one with a MET rating of 1.
MET values “do not estimate the energy cost of physical activity in individuals in ways that account for differences in body mass, adiposity, age, sex, efficiency of movement, geographic and environmental conditions in which the activities are performed,” according to a study published in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Therefore, individual variances in energy expenditure for the same activity can be rather significant, and the true energy cost for an individual may or may not be near to the claimed mean MET level as reported in the Compendium.” (this information is taken directly from the introduction page of the Compendium of Physical Activities).
Note: METs are not capable of estimating the amount of energy used during physical activity in individuals since they do not take into consideration differences in factors such as weight, adiposity, age, gender, the intensity of movement, or the conditions of the environment. As a consequence of this, the amount of energy that an individual expends during the same activity varies from person to person.
- Ainsworth BE, Haskell WL, Herrmann SD, Meckes N, Bassett Jr DR, Tudor-Locke C, Greer JL, Vezina J, Whitt-Glover MC, Leon AS. The Compendium of Physical Activities Tracking Guide. Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, College of Nursing & Health Innovation, Arizona State University. Retrieved May 11, 2015, from the World Wide Web.
- Arizona State University Healthy Lifestyles Research Center – Compendium of Physical Activities – Water Activities – Provides MET values for water activities, including kayaking.
- Learn about “MET” and the compendium of physical activities from Arizona State University, University or South Carolina, and Wikipedia. There is a summary of general physical activities defined by intensity from the CDC and the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Recommendations on physical activity for health from the Harvard School of Public Health and the WHO.
- Magnante, & Griffin. (2019, May 24). TDEE Calculator: Find Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure – Fitness Volt. Retrieved October 27, 2022, from https://fitnessvolt.com/tdee-calculator/